Saturday, August 9, 2014

Des Moines, Iowa - Events and Transportation Part C

http://www.iowanazarene.org/2013/08/09/deep-fried-ministry/


Hey kids!!!  It's the first weekend of the state fair, and I'm PISSED!!

Not only is the entrance to the fair up $2 once again (it's $12 just to get past the friggin' gate now.  One full hour of my pay)....well, a couple of things have happened already this morning that have me fired up.

First, my phone is dead.  And I'm a public transport guy, as you well know.  So, a friend of mine wanted to go to the fair today, and per his wont, he parks at the park and ride of 7th Street, miles from the Central Dart Station.  He gets on the bus that comes by there (of which I saw at least 3 more headed there as I was headed away from there.  Why didn't I take the same bus he did?  And why did I have to go to Dart Central?  Well that would be because I have a bus pass that I pay monthly for....somewhere around $48.  Does someone wanna tell me why it is that I had to walk nearly a mile to get to bus central, because the state fair buses won't allow its dedicated riders to take the fair buses that go to the park and ride station?  I have to pay $2 to ride that bus, or wait 45 minutes and walk to Dart Central to get a bus out there, severely inconveniencing me, the guy who probably owns half of Dart Central by this time, considering I've been riding these stupid buses for nearly 37 years.

Now, why did I mention that my phone was dead you ask?  Well, this would probably be because, upon entering Dart Central and noticing that my phone was dead, I immediately began looking for an outlet...and found nary a one.  Upon thinking of Java Joe's, the coffee shop they had built to go along with DC?  They had....count 'em with me....40.  FORTY OUTLETS!!!!!  The deal with that though, is that I have to buy something at JJ's ridiculous prices to use them.

Dart Central was built just in the last year.  You would imagine, with ALL of the devices there are in the world today, that this place, that is SO much in bad need of ridership would be just a little accommodating to their clientele.  Oh sure, they have wi-fi...but if you have to pay the coffee shop to charge your devices, then why bother with their wi-fi?  Dart, you are SO WRONG FOR THAT.  Makes me want to continue using your service more everyday.  Unbelievable.  Oh yeah.  The Iowa State Fair.  Nothing compares.  Nothing compares to the bullcrappy way Des Moines' own citizens are treated maybe.